Friday, March 04, 2011

Flu, Flareup, or Both? - 3/4/2011

Sleep was horrible again last night. I might have gotten one hour between midnight and two and then I was up the rest of the night until 7:30 when I was able to get maybe 2 or 3 more hours of sleep.  I was able to take a nap today though. The lack of sleep will probably soon catch up to me if it hasn't already.

Things took a downhill turn today. I'm not sure if I'm coming down with something or if this is just a flareup or both. It's one thing to eat and get nauseous and vomit, but it's a different thing when you don't eat or drink anything and are still nauseous and vomiting. So annoying and miserable. My body isn't even processing the acid/bile it's making. It's just sitting in my stomach making me nauseous until it builds up so much I get sick. I am thankful for the G-tube to drain the stomach so I'm not vomiting quite as much. When the nausea gets bad I can drain my stomach through the G-tube to try and prevent the vomiting, but then you just get the dry heaves.

Temple appointment is in 4 days. I am 30% excited, 60% nervous, 20% don't know what to think. I'm just hoping things work out and that I don't fall through the cracks as I have at other places. Answers and a treatment that helps would be fine with me. I know there is no cure but there are things to make it more manageable and tolerable.

Taking it one day at a time and hoping for a better day tomorrow!!! 

1 comment:

Ronda Steen said...

I am hoping you have a better night tonight and that you get some much needed rest. I will pray that the nausea will leave. I feel for you with having the dry heaves, I totally hate those. I really hope for your sake the appt. at Temple goes extremely well. Take care