Wednesday, March 02, 2011

God's Big Plan


It's been a long time since I have wrote a poem. I thought since I was having trouble sleeping tonight I would write one. I was thinking about people from my GP support group while I wrote this - so this is for them!

God's Big Plan
As round and round in circles we swirl
It is back and forth from here to there
The feeling it brings makes us want to hurl
Our bodies been through too much wear and tear

Tired of fighting day in and day out
The more we struggle the more we doubt
Just wondering what this is all about
It makes us want to just shout

After wrestling this through the months and the years
Our body so weak we can barely just stand
We may not be able to see through our tears
Having no idea what is God’s big plan

We need to hold on to any hope we have left
As we struggle to make it through this test
We need to let go and just take a rest
For God only knows what truly is best

We need to see beauty in the little things
So we can see what tomorrow and the future brings
- Brenda P.  (March 2, 2011)

1 comment:

Ronda Steen said...

Aww, Brenda, this is beautiful, but sad. I sat here crying while reading it. You are so right, we have to let go and trust God for what his plan is. This is the hardest thing I have found to do, is let go. We want to have control and be in charge, but when we let God take control is the best thing we can do. I'm still learning and trying to let go. I was woke up during the night praying for you, keep encouraged, I care and so does God care for you. Love ya, I hope you have a better day and night tonight. Do you have anyone to go with you to Temple. I haven't been to that exact spot, but not far from it is where Leland doctors. If you need someone to go with Let me know. I can get you right down there. Any ?'s let me know. Take care, Ronda