Sunday, March 06, 2011

Temple Appointment Almost Here!!!

I had a post written for yesterday and had posted it and then I deleted it. It was a real personal post and I didn't feel brave enough to share it yet. Maybe someday I will, maybe I never will - who knows.

This is going to be an exciting week, hopefully in a good way! Hoping to get the ball rolling come Tuesday to see what can be done and what needs to be done. I have started writing a list of questions to ask the doctor, so I'm prepared. I even asked Mom to come up with some questions that she would like answered. I haven't decided if I'm having her go into the room with me yet or not. I tend to not be assertive and let that up to her when she is in and then it seems like I hardly talk then. It's not her problem, it's mine. I just have a harder time talking when she is there. So, I want to be prepared either way. If I have her questions and I decide to do it on my own I can still get her questions and worries answered too. At least she is going along to provide support. If the appointment goes horrible I will have somebody to listen to me rant and rave about how awful the doctor was and how frustrated I am. She is used to that :)

A part of me is hopeful but another part of me is scared that it is going to be the same thing I have experienced other places.  I'm praying that this won't happen and that it will go well.

Tomorrow is the day for blood draws and dressing changes again. The same nurse that has been coming is back again. Yay!!!

Today is not such a good day. Mom always does a nice homecooked meal on Sunday and her dad and brother come over. I tried some mashed potatoes and it didn't go so well. So I'm regretting that decision now. Stomach already protested and now I'm just dealing with the lingering nausea and pain. Oh well, hoping that will soon change with help from Temple.

Taking it one day at a time!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad Brenda that you are seeing this as something that you need to address, moms are great but, take this on yourself and do it for you!! because this is happening to you, not your mom,love ya ...ps. you can always have your mom come in later!!

Brenda said...

I have been the one dealing with this. Mom hasn't been with me to an appointment in a couple of years. I just thought two sets of ears might be better than one because of the significance of this appointment. She might can think of things that I can't think of that I would wish I might have asked later.

Kara Plank said...

I will also be praying for you tomorrow. I know there is much hope in this long-awaited appointment, and I pray things go well, and that some hard questions get acknowledged and answered for you.
<3