Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2/15/2011

GI nutrition doctors were in. They were able to cycle my TPN last night which means instead of running for 24hrs they try running it over 14hrs. My potassium was a little off this morning but he still thought I could probably go home today, but that decision is up to my primary team of doctors and what they think. They will make adjustment according to the TPN for tonight based on my lab results from this morning.

Primary doctors were in and wanted to discharge me. The concerns that I have and also the nurses concerns were discussed with the doctors. They set up a plan and discharge papers were ordered. IV team came to de-access my mediport. Right at that time, GI doctor was in with the results of CT scan and stated that they had found something on the CT scan and wanted to do a procedure to remove/see what this was. They wanted to do it today, but then I told them I was being discharged and my discharge papers were already done. So then the GI doctor decided that I could come in tomorrow morning as an outpatient and have it done.

The problem with this by me and the nurses went along with some of the concerns we had earlier. My blood pressure started running lower last night and today and upon discharge I wouldn't be getting as much fluids as I was in the hospital. We were concerned then, that I would be right back in the hospital in a couple of days. Also with this procedure they wanted to do it under general anesthesia due to what all they wanted to do when they are down there. I don't do very well sometime with anesthesia and we were concerned that I would go home today, have the procedure tomorrow and be readmitted again to the hospital. So after many phone calls, the conclusion is that I will not be going home today and I will find out later exactly the details of when the procedure is.

Mediport was accessed again and fluids were once again started. TPN gets started around 6:00 and will be cycled again through the night and til 8:00 in the morning.

That will probably be all the excitement for the day. If anything else interesting happens will be sure to update if I can.

Tomorrow will be the procedure but I have no idea what time that will be. Prayers appreciated. It is a little concerning thinking about what it could be they saw. The way things go with me they won't even be able to find what they saw and we will be right back where we started.

No comments: