Saturday, February 26, 2011

Snippets from Saturday

Another day almost over. I was up half the night last night but then I was able to get some sleep towards morning. I'm not sure why I have been having so much trouble sleeping. It does get really annoying though. Hoping for a better nights sleep tonight.

I decided last night that I would take a stool softener to see if that helped move things along better. The doctors have a liquid prescribed that I can either put through my J-tube or take orally. I thought I would just try to take it orally. I didn't realize this until after the fact, but you are supposed to dilute it in 6-8 ounces of water. I decided to just take a swig or two and be done with it. That was a bad mistake. I took one little sip, and I couldn't breathe. Literally, I couldn't breathe in or out. It was horrible. I was gasping away and when I started to be able to breathe the tiniest bit I was only able to breath in, I couldn't breathe out. I thought it must have just went down the wrong tube but then when I read the bottle I realized that it didn't. There is a warning to dilute the med or it can cause severe throat irritation. It literally took my breath away and I couldn't breathe for a good little while. Needless to say, it made me quite sick after that and I won't go into details there.

Today was an alright day.  It could have been better but definitely could have been worse. Basically as long as I am alive I have to realize that things could be worse and to be thankful that I am alive. I would not pick to be where I am right now, but it is where God sees fit for me to be and I have to accept that. I may not like it, but in reality there is nothing I can do about it anyways so I might as well try to make the best of it. Easier said than done, but I need to try and find the positives in it.

Taking it one day at a time!!!

No comments: