Tuesday, February 22, 2011

2/22/2011

Today I had a GI doctor appointment. It was just a follow-up from my recent hospitalizations. I have never really cared for this GI doctor and after today, especially right now, I still don't care for him.

Good news is that the biopsy reports came back fine as far as we can tell.

Nothing else new to really report except my frustrations with this particular doctor. He hears what you tell him but he either doesn't understand or he actually isn't listening. He seems very skeptical of everything you are telling him about what is going on and your symptoms and what they told you your tests showed while in the hospital. Then he gets in your charts and ends up reading what you just told him aloud from the actual test results. So annoying. It's like since he can't figure it out it must not be really happening or true. It almost seems like he is stuck in a box and so we have to keep trying the same medications over and over again and the same everything that is in the box 20 times with the same results. If they didn't work the first or even the second time maybe it is time to look outside of the box. At least he did admit he wasn't following me as closely as he should have been. You can't keep track of how somebody is doing with their problems unless you see them and schedule return appointments. So don't wonder how things can get so bad if you haven't been seeing them at all. That's just a couple of the things that really got to me today when I saw him and built up from some past visits with him. I could go on yet for awhile but will leave it at this. Maybe another time and another post. We'll see.

I haven't been sleeping well at all and after the long day I had today I think I'm soon calling it a night. I get really wore out by just going to the doctors.

Looks like I have another appointment on Thursday with the GI/Nutrition doctors that were following me on the TPN in the hospital. Also, Home health is also coming on Thursday to do my PICC dressing change.

Taking it one day at a time!!!

2 comments:

Kara Plank said...

oh Brenda, I'm so sorry things are so rough on you physically. I have been thinking of you and praying for you often. Do you know when you can get into Temple yet?

Brenda said...

I go to Temple towards the beginning of March!!