Wednesday, February 23, 2011

One of Those Days!

Today was one of those days, you know, a 'blah' kind of day. I haven't been sleeping well at night and I didn't feel like doing anything so I just relaxed and was able to catch up on a little of my sleep, I think. I had some things I could have done, maybe even needed to do, but I just didn't feel like doing them. I've just been plain wore out lately. So, that was my day for today. Nothing new or exciting to post about today.

Since I have not been working I fear that in the time away I will either lose some skills or just become rusty on how I functioned and performed as a nurse. So, I thought I would try something new to keep "up-to-date" on current medical issues and the such. I started reading current research articles and new medical news and so far I have found it quite interesting. I figure since I am not working right now to learn by experience, which I think is the best way to learn, that I would try and do the best I could to stay current and in the loop so to speak. So far, I am enjoying what I have been reading and learning.

Tomorrow will be a more interesting and tiring day. I have a 9:30am appointment at Geisinger with the GI nutrition doctor. Around 1:00pm home health nurse is stopping by to do vitals and my PICC dressing change. It may not sound like a busy day to most of you, but for me I will probably be really tired by the end of the day.

No comments: