Monday, February 21, 2011

2/21/2011

My family doctor appointment is over. It went fine. I basically just updated them briefly on what all had happened this last hospitalization and that I am now home with TPN and have nurses coming in. No more appointments with them are scheduled. She realizes that I'm really weak and not feeling good so she doesn't want to make me come in just for follow-ups. She wants me to call if I want/need to be seen. Other than that she knows I will be having lots of appointments coming up and knows it will get very overwhelming and she doesn't want to add to it anymore.

I did receive a call from the pharmacy that reviews my labs to see if the "ingredients" in the TPN need adjusted. I guess they may have been a little off so they are going to be making some adjustments. I should be getting a delivery of all my supplies tonight yet with the updated TPN.

A case manager from Geisinger called to check up and see how things are going.  She will be checking up on some of my follow-ups that I think got lost in the discharge process. They will be calling every Monday morning for 4 weeks to keep checking up on me and make sure I am doing alright.

Update: Case Manager just called back and I now have an appointment tomorrow with GI. It was scheduled for the 28th from the first admission but when discharged this time they had wanted me to be seen in 3 days. I hadn't heard anything so I just figured I would still be going on the 28th even though it was over a week away. Well, I guess she looked into it and so now I go tomorrow.

Taking it one day at a time!!!

No comments: