Friday, April 01, 2011

Phone calls update!!!

So today I called the HR department and to get the scoop on what is going to happen when my FMLA runs out at the end of this month. My boss mentioned that she would try and get me an extended medical leave. So, when my FMLA runs out I will automatically begin my extended medical leave which last for one full year from the day it starts. Since I have no PTO time, which means no money, Geisinger covers all my insurance for that full year. (Answer to prayer!!!) When medically cleared to go back to work I have two months to get a job as an internal hire. Which means they will first see if my floor has any openings and if not to find a job that would be best for me. So knowing this is a relief, especially that I will still have insurance.

Now for the Temple and insurance situation. I called the insurance to see if they received the paperwork and if it was approved/denied. They acted like they didn't receive any paperwork, but that I didn't need any. They said Temple was cooperating with them and that I could just go ahead and do what they wanted done. So when I called Temple to schedule the appointment I got a totally different story. I guess I was the second person that day to call and say that, but they hadn't heard that from the insurance company. So they are going to have to look into the situation further. So now I have to wait to hear back from them.

So hopefully they will soon get the straightened out and get my appointment scheduled so that things can move along.

Taking it one day at a time!!!

No comments: