Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesday - August 16, 2011 - Temple Day 1

Today I started a 4 day emptying test around 8:00. It started out by having to eat an egg sandwich with 2 eggs and a glass of water. They had a radioactive substance in both the egg and the water. Then for the next 6hrs they watched to see how far it gets through with periodic scanning. At first they the scans every half hour and then they do it only once every hour. It makes for one long day, and it gets pretty boring. Fortunately you are able to walk around some in between the hour scans. Over the course of the next 3 days they just scan you once a day, for 8 minutes at a time and then you are done for the rest of the day.

I was able to get most of the sandwich down, but didn't feel very well after eating it for a couple of hours. So hopefully they are able to see what they want to see and maybe be able to learn a little more about what is going on with me.

I had to stop all stool softeners/laxative and any motility medications because it would interfere with what is actually going on in the GI system. The way my body works, I would think they should still be seeing it one the last day, because I probably won't have a BM with not being able to take any medication to help things move along. So it will probably be in there, somewhere!

After the 6 hours of scanning, my mom and I decided to go do a little shopping. It was fun, but by that time I was pretty tired so didn't get to really enjoy it as much as I would have like to.

Tomorrow, I just have to go in sometime after 11am and before 3:30pm to get my scans done for that day. We are thinking that since tomorrow will be the day with the least tests, we may try and go to the Philadelphia Zoo.

Taking it one day at a time!!!

No comments: