Sunday, August 14, 2011

Snippets and Snapshots - Memories For a Lifetime

I just added a page on Facebook where I will be posting my pictures from the shoots that I do. The page is called "Snippets and Snapshots - Memories For a Lifetime." Feel free to "like" this page on FB.

Snippets and Snapshots was a name I thought of because some of the pictures that turn out the best are actually snapshots and each picture is just a snippet in that persons life. Memories For a Lifetime came about when I lost someone really close to me and I could only find 1 picture of that person that I had taken. That is when my interest in photography slowly started. I regretted that I didn't have pictures of that person to carry with me for the rest of my life. So I started out taking pictures of my nephews and it kind of just went from there. Soon, I was enjoying taking pictures of scenery, landscapes, animals, and other children and family. People soon started asking me to take of their children and families after seeing the pictures that I had done of my nephews.

I really enjoy photography, but as of now it is only a hobby and am not too busy with it. I would like to be able to do more shoots and get more experience. I think it's kind of funny because I didn't know I was interested in photography while I was in school and before I started college. So I went to college and became a nurse, and then realized that I loved photography. So I am in the best of both worlds. I love nursing and I love photography and I really wouldn't want to give either of them up.

With everything that is going on physically, I would like to get more photography business and maybe eventually cut back on nursing maybe to part-time, and do photography part-time. Those are just dreams right now though. Especially since I am in school to further my education in the medical field.

No comments: