Thursday, April 21, 2011

No Steps Forward!!!!

I called the insurance company today to see if they could tell me anything. The lady I spoke with hadn't received any paperwork asking for approval or anything. She said that there shouldn't have to be any since Temple was participating. I asked her if she could call them and tell Temple that since they seemingly are waiting on the insurance. She told me she didn't know where to call, but asked me to call Temple and get the procedure codes for what they want to do. Then call her back and she would see if they did need approval first. I still hadn't heard back from Temple when I called them on Friday and I couldn't reach anybody today either, so I just left another message.

The saying usually goes - one step forward, two steps back. well this time it doesn't even seem like we are taking any steps forward. I'm thinking somebody forgot how to walk :)

Home health nurse coming again in the morning for dressing change. I was also to the doctor on Monday and they ordered some more blood work so I need to get that done sometime this week. I may get that done tomorrow at Geisinger.

I still haven't heard anything regarding the job interview I had last Monday. I'm still hoping, but everyday that goes by and I don't hear anything my hopes go down. If I don't hear from them I'm thinking about looking to see if I can find anything else that would work with all my restrictions and such. I was hoping to get back to work with at least one week left on my FMLA, but that isn't looking too promising. I wanted at least a little time left so that when I started in the new department if I had to take off for any reason I would still have some time left. If I use all my FMLA I don't know what they will use for my doctor appointment and such since I will have no time whatsoever.

Taking it one day at a time!!!

No comments: