Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Potassium Levels

I had blood work done today to check my electrolyte levels. I had been having to only get my blood drawn once a month, but my levels have been off a little lately so I have been having it drawn more frequently.
I received a message after getting my blood drawn letting me know that my potassium level is still low, but that I am already at the max dose they can add to my TPN. So they called in a prescription and want me to try to take some potassium pills also. So we will see how that goes, because potassium is hard on the stomach and causes nausea on a good day for normal people.

I haven't heard yet when they want my blood work drawn next.

A week from today I start my testing at Temple. I'm starting to get nervous about that already.

Taking it one day at a time!!!

No comments: